Friday, August 28, 2009

Site Assignments

July 28th, 2009

Just a short post today.

I received my future site assignment!

I’m going to San Juan Bautista, Misiones. San Juan Bautista is the capital of the department of Misiones, and according to many, the nicest city in all of Paraguay. It is located in the southwest of the country. I posted a map of Paraguay with San Juan Bautista marked and outlined.

The population is about 18,000. I have been assigned to work with Coopersanjuba, an agricultural production and services cooperative with over 20,000 members. That’s huge compared to most cooperatives volunteers are assigned to.

My assignment says the Cooperative wants someone to help with Feasibility Studies for various projects and to work with members of the coop in better project planning. They say it is also possible to work in marketing and consult with local small businesses.
I feel anxious to meet my counterparts and new family, and hope that I make a good first impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment